Skip navigation
All Places > Discussions

New to FileMaker

Log in to follow, share, and participate in this community. Not a member? Join Now!

Recent Activity

User26648
Can anyone spot a problem with this call.   $Method = "POST" $Header: Quote( "Content-Type: application/json") $Header2: Quote( "Authorization: Test: B0r0d1n") $Data = {} URL: "https://localhost/fmi/data/v1/databases/MSM/sessions"   cURL Options:   "-H " & $Header &¶& "-H " & $Header2 & ¶ &     Case( $Method = "POST" ; "--data @$Data"… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
mark-it
Dear all   I have a portal in which I enter values (Field A), I want to go get subtraction results in order - Last portal row minus previous, so I did a field with the calculation (Filed C): GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "Field A" ; "content";""; Get ( RecordNumber ))-GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "Field A" ; "content";""; Get ( RecordNumber )-1).… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
wheelman1138
Hi everyone! So the hurdle I'm trying to overcome is that I have a value list that contains width and height dimensions. Sampling of that value list:   3.875 x 8.875 8.5 x 11 9 x 12 11 x 17 12 x 18   I'd like to set up a script trigger to pull each of the two integers out of the selected value and set them in Width and Height fields. The… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
lexpharm
I am trying to create a customer file which contains two addresses, one residential and one postal. Following the advice that no piece of data should be entered twice, I have created tables State, Postcode, Suburb, Customer, with a one to many from State to Postcode, Postcode to Suburb, Suburb to Customer. I am perplexed as to how to get the… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
Cécile
  Ever since I read the Advanced Training Series, globals have been a source of anxiety for me! I recently had to use them extensively and just doing some copycat scripting and field definition would not cut it. Since fear mostly comes from the unknown, I decided to get to know the beast!   What helps making the topic confusing is that they…
in New to FileMaker
flyingaceaaa
Basically the creator or this program died last December and his program is now stuck with no new updates or support. The client who uses this program need someone to edit/make updates to the program and I took the task.   Please help! I'm a little lost in what I should be doing. I am not new to using FileMaker for running this program, however… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
Cécile
this is the first of a series of blogs I intend to write to share my ah ah! moments in my FileMaker apprenticeship. I hope that sharing these Epiphanies that led to a growth spur of my skills can be useful to other novices. I am also hoping that if I say stuff that isn't accurate, the old sailors will chime in so that I can correct my assumptions…
in New to FileMaker
walfwood
I am vary new to filmmaker and API request. JSON seems pretty simple, but I am unsure how to use the cURL option to send and receive request.   This is a sample form listing on the site for the API. Any help would be appreciated.       $data =… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
Cécile
I find it an insult to my intelligence when technical documentation lists the various options that I can see on a dialog panel and say the obvious : "The dialog Method of replication allows you to calculate each of the replication method ratio. Click the option 'use deoxyribonucleic acid coefficient' to use the deoxyribonucleic acid coefficient."…
in New to FileMaker
Load more items