Skip navigation
All Places > Discussions

New to FileMaker

Log in to follow, share, and participate in this community. Not a member? Join Now!

Recent Activity

zac_scobell
Hi,   I am currently building an app to collect tree data in the field. this data consists of loads of measurements taken all throughout the year. Currently I am entering data into a portal which Is sorted on an "growth uid number" and the portal is located in a tab setup which is sorted by "row number" and "Tree number". 3 filters...   I was… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
orlando007
I have a text field and would like to add buttons to the side that you can control the text. Size, bold, italic, underline, font, alignment exc. I want to create buttons without the user having to right click or go up to the text bar to change the font. What are the scripts steps for the buttons?
in New to FileMaker
mark-it
Dear FM community   I would like to know is there a chance to set a range of find which will include empty values.   I have: - field with value - two global fields in which I'm entering values for a range, for example G1 = 3 , G2 = 15   Script: Enter find modeSet filed: My Filed with value; Global1 & "..."  & Global2 perform find I get… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
delano
Hi All, I want to use Card Window to enter extra data, in the same record as the Main Window. I use GTRR to ensure that the Card Window is synced to the main window, but when I try to edit or save a field in the Card, a dialog box says "This record cannot be modified in this window because it is already being modified in a different window".  I… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
oron.david
I want to automate the restore process (For test DB integrity checking) There is a script to restore database from backup? thanks
in New to FileMaker
enstorms
Upon insertion of record into related table (joined by id) in a portal, is there a way to populate another field in the related table?  Have gone blank on how this is done.  Employees table (ID) -> Records table (employee_id).  Employees table also has a field that concatenates the name (first & last) and would like to put that in the name field… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
enstorms
Have a portal listing contacts with another portal of related records to the selected Contact.  When I delete a portal row in the related records portal via a delete button in the row, it deletes the record as advertised.  I select another Contact then go back to the Contact whose related record I deleted and the deleted record is showing again. … (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
jess_ob
Hello,   I am setting up my Filemaker 17 Database and have a question about the best way to set up one of my tables. So I would like to have a general "People Contacts" table, however within those I actually have two different types of people contacts "A" and "B". I want "A" and "B" (or a versions of the combined "People Contacts" table) to… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
usmanqadeer
I have 2 related tables young person and daily records.I have managed to show the records in a portal. I am using a button to show label using the following calculation,but i only get "Add new recording" even i have filled the daily record. The timecreated field contains date.   Here is my calculation.… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
Load more items