Skip navigation
All Places > Discussions

New to FileMaker

Log in to follow, share, and participate in this community. Not a member? Join Now!

Recent Activity

enstorms
Have a field that holds month names (January thru December) called Base Month.  Have a due date field that needs to be the month that is in the month name field.  Am using a calculation based on current test date to determine when next test is due (Due Date), but realized, if test was done on following month or previous month (which it could be),… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
bastian
I've created a container field to store all kind of files, mostly Excel spreadsheets. I'm struggling to easily and quickly open these files without saving them first on my desktop. When I double click on it nothing happens. When I drag it out of the container to my desktop it creates a png file.   To use Export Field Contents via right click is… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
enstorms
This seems to be so simple, but can't figure out how to make it happen.  Have a date field that I want to format conditionally when the current month is the prior month of the date field.
in New to FileMaker
celticguardian93
Hi, I'm working on an app for authors. It is basically a big storage space for all the details that go into characters (hair color, height, age etc) and locations (material used, location in the world, who built it etc). However, I'm adding features to help speed up the process like a name generator, a timeline to populate, and a map maker. Sorry… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
celticguardian93
Hi, I'm working on an app for authors. It is basically a big storage space for all the details that go into characters (hair color, height, age etc) and locations (material used, location in the world, who built it etc). However, I'm adding features to help speed up the process like a name generator, a timeline to populate, and a map maker. So,… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
yodavish
I'm working an existing solution that was given to me by my manager. His preference is to retain the spiderweb design so I won't be able to use the anchor buoy method. The challenge I'm having is on the Invoice layout to be able to first, select from a drop-down list for an existing Company. In the next drop-down, we want that to automatically… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
enstorms
Have a layout using a List view.  One of the fields in the list comes from a related table record. (Getting this from one of the Invoices solutions).  It is sort of a pick list of products adding to a line items table.  The related record field is Quantity.  So I choose 2 of that item and the line item record is added correctly into the line items… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
craig157
Hi All,   I've got some Company records that I am comparing to our current database (basically just for a deduping process).   All I am doing is a portal that looks up the postcode to match the new data which works fine.   I am using the below to find the number of matching characters. Example: New Data - Filemaker Community Limited Old Data… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
enstorms
Have a field in a table to flag the record Active (1) or InActive (0).  In the portal, I have a button to change the Active field from a 1 to 0 (or "").  Am using the Active/InActive flag instead of archiving records to another table.  Then I want to duplicate that record, clearing a date field and changing the value in another field, then… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
enstorms
Have a layout based on the SelectorTable_Records TO.  3 portals based on following:  Employees_Records (select from portal list and shows following->), Qualifications_Employees, and Records_Employees.  Have checked Allow creation of records and also can delete portal records.  Was able to add some records in and edit, but then noticed I could not… (Show more)
in New to FileMaker
Load more items