Mac OS X, Windows
FMP 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11
File Type: FP7
FileSize: ~ .68 megabytes
FileMaker Pro 8 has added a two new functions; Exit Script and Get(ScriptResult). These scripts are designed to work together with a parent script and a subscript. Together they offer several advantages:
1. Eliminate the need for global storage fields.
2. Eliminate the need for multiple (3 or more) scripts to pass script parameters.
3. Exit Script can acquire and pass data easily from non-related tables. No relationships are required.
4. The Exit Script results can be stored in local and global variables for further processing.
5. Exit Script can pass more than one variable.
6. Can be used to control the logic of the parent or additional subscripts.
See sample file
See sample file for full demo and technical article.
FileMaker Inc. provides this content on an “As Is” basis, without any warranty, and subject to the terms of the FileMaker Technical Network Agreement. FileMaker makes no representations and is not liable for any content or related information. You may use the content as part of your own solutions and for your customers, but you may not otherwise publicly distribute any content that you did not submit. ©2009-2011 FileMaker, Inc. All Rights Reserved. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.