FileMaker Go for iPad helps Lee Medical reduce hospital infections
Lee Medical, Inc. improves outcomes for patients and healthcare providers using VAST, a FileMaker Pro based database solution accessed via FileMaker Go for iPad
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – November 17, 2011 - According to the Center for Disease Control, hospital infection rates are on the rise and a common source is Central Line Bloodstream Infections (CLABSIs). Fortunately, these types of infections are preventable, and the vascular access specialists at Lee Medical, Inc. are proving it. Built around the practice of "using the right device at the right time" (watch the video), Lee Medical is an outsourced service whose nurses not only use the appropriate medical devices, but also use iPads running FileMaker Go to help drive down the troubling frequency and cost of CLABSI.
How it works
Vascular access devices, typically known as IVs, are essential for everything from delivering drugs and nutrition to administering pain control and anesthesia. But if a device is not properly inserted and maintained throughout its lifespan, it can become an on-ramp for germs, leading to a potentially serious infection.
To help manage the infection issue Lee Medical created VAST, a customized solution based on FileMaker Pro, that delivers real-time patient and catheter surveillance. Nurses now chart and monitor all patient and device-related information for the lifespan of the catheter regardless of the patient's location.
Lee’s teams of nurses rely on FileMaker Go for iPad as soon as they are dispatched to a service call. On site, they securely log in to the central FileMaker Pro database to capture patient information, gain real-time access to medical records, review orders and get to work.
- Healthier patients and millions in savings for healthcare providers: FileMaker Go for iPad is supporting a system that results in healthier patients, reduced pain and suffering and millions of dollars in annual savings for healthcare providers.
- Easier information sharing and security: The touch interface of the iPad simplifies data collection, eliminates errors and improves workflow efficiencies. Electronic medical records related to vascular access never actually reside on the iPad, but rather, are securely stored in the centralized FileMaker Server database, allowing compliance with all patient privacy regulations.
"By running FileMaker Go for iPad, we have been able to achieve a dramatic breakthrough and the end result is a much needed value proposition for healthcare: improved quality at reduced costs."
Michele Lee, President, Lee Medical, Inc.
Learn why FileMaker Go is the fastest, most cost-effective way to develop custom business iPhone and iPad solutions
- Read FileMaker’s newest white paper, “How to deliver business data to iPhones and iPads quickly and easily.”
- Read the guide for “An innovative option for fast iPad and iPhone development.”
- "The fastest path to custom business solutions for iPhone and iPad."
- Download the free FileMaker iOS Deployment Kit
- Find other FileMaker Go customer storieshttp://www.filemaker.com/solutions/customers/fmgo.htmlfrom companies as large as Merck & Co., Inc. and Johnson Controls to small businesses like Acorn Rentals.
- Listen to our podcast series "Business & Database Solutions for iPhone & iPad" to learn how companies are using FileMaker Go to manage business contacts, track inventory, review documents and more.
- Visit FileMaker's "Business and Database Solutions for iPhone and iPad" Facebook Fan page. The site offers customer stories, YouTube videoshttp://www.facebook.com/BizDB4iPad?v=app_125317594155071offering how-to advice and much more. Visitors can also see photos of how to mobilize inventory management, contacts and events.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest companies, rely on FileMaker software to manage, analyze and share essential information. The company's products are the FileMaker Pro line - versatile database software for teams and organizations, for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and the web - and Bento, the personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPad. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.
Copyright © 2011 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker and Bento are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.