See how IT can deliver business data to iPad and iPhone,
quickly and easily, with free white paper
Ziff Davis Enterprise and FileMaker, the leader in iOS database apps, outline ways
to meet users’ demands for business data, anywhere and anytime
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Dec. 7, 2011 – “How to Deliver Business Data to iPad and iPhone Quickly and Easily,” is the topic of a new white paper authored by Ziff Davis Enterprise working with FileMaker, Inc.
Ziff Davis Enterprise is one of leading sources for technology insight, evaluations, and practical decision making advice in the IT world. Apple subsidiary FileMaker Inc. makes FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go, the leading database app for iPad and iPhone.
The proliferation of mobile devices, particularly iPad and iPhone, in business is driving demand for access to business data. Fortunately, there are tools developers can use to deliver business data to iPad and iPhone, meeting users’ demands for access to email, sales, inventory and a wide range of data.
The white paper lists the key requirements for tools for delivering business data to iOS devices:
- A quick development cycle. Users want results in days, not weeks.
- Easy import of data in a range of native formats from SQL databases to spreadsheets.
- Painless serving of data to iPad and iPhone with forms optimized for those screens.
- Ability to deliver not just raw data but charts and reports.
The white paper describes the advantages of using FileMaker Pro database software and the FileMaker Go app to aggregate and deliver data to iOS devices.
FileMaker Pro allows quick development on Windows and Mac desktops of iOS solutions. These can aggregate business data from multiple sources. And FileMaker Server software can securely host these solutions and deliver them to FileMaker Go on users’ iPads and iPhones.
According to the white paper a wide range of organizations are already delivering business data to iPad and iPhone. Some typical examples are:
1. A large entertainment company creates an executive iPad dashboard that tracks sales, expenses, development pipeline, and licensee information for a range of products.
2. A commercial retail development firm assembles property data such as contracts, tenants, street traffic, and related news articles, and delivers the information to iPad in an easy-to-digest format.
3. A medical lab distributes up-to-date information to iPad comparing the effectiveness of different disease-detection methods. The data includes summaries as well as case-by-case images of the actual procedures.
Download the free white paper, watch a demo, see videos of real iPad and iPhone customer solutions at http://www.filemaker.com/r/ios_wp_pr
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest companies, rely on FileMaker software to manage, analyze and share essential information. The company's products are the FileMaker line - versatile database software for teams and organizations, for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and the web - and Bento, the personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPad. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.
Copyright © 2011 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker and Bento are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.