FileMaker and iPad keep business healthy and strong at Sea Breeze Farm
Sustainable dairy farm manages multifaceted operation
with FileMaker Go for iPad and the FileMaker Platform
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – September 17, 2012 - Located just 15 minutes by ferry from Seattle, Washington, Sea Breeze Farm is a sustainable dairy farm creating earth-friendly popular food products. Sea Breeze takes an organic approach to farming, and has embraced the latest technology from FileMaker. Using the FileMaker Platform, including FileMaker Go for iPad, owner George Page and his team are creating a business system that links the many different operations at Sea Breeze Farm to maximize efficiency and revenues. Their operations include a dairy farm, winery, restaurant, charcuterie, cheese-making facility and farmer’s market retail outlets.
Determined to replace their paper-based recordkeeping system, Sea Breeze created new business management apps using FileMaker Pro software. The apps run on the team's iPads using FileMaker Go, which now allow Page to evaluate all the delicate relationships between each business line and make an already sustainable business even more so.
Already the apps are automating many of the farm’s operations. The FileMaker Platform allows Page and his staff to:
- Track, analyze and report on livestock health and production levels
- Note which types of milk are used in making cheese rounds and identify how long each round has been aged
- Manage wine production, replacing clipboards for entering alcohol levels, pH readings, sulfite additions and historic data related to wine lots
- Track sales, orders and deliveries of custom cuts of meat—a Sea Breeze Farm specialty
“FileMaker Pro 12 helps me easily create custom business apps for iPad using FileMaker Go 12. The systems we have now are pleasing to look at, as well as highly functional—and that means our employees genuinely want to use them.”
– George Page, owner, Sea Breeze Farm
Learn why the FileMaker Platform is the fast, cost-effective way to develop custom business apps for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web.
- Read FileMaker's newest white paper, “FileMaker: Complete Platform to Create, Deploy, and Manage Custom iPad and iPhone Apps for Business” describing how innovative businesses are developing custom iOS apps to reap benefits such as increased productivity, cost savings and enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Download the free FileMaker iOS Deployment Kit.
- Find other FileMaker iOS app customer stories from companies as diverse as Merck & Co., Inc., Berklee College of MusicLee Medical, and West Paw Design
- Visit FileMaker's "Business and Database Solutions for iPhone and iPad" Facebook Fan page. The site offers customer storiesYouTube videos offering how-to advice and much more. Visitors can also see photos
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest companies, rely on FileMaker software to manage, analyze and share essential information. The company's products are the FileMaker line - versatile database software for teams and organizations, for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and the web - and Bento, the personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPad. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.
Copyright © 2012 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker and Bento are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.