2014 FileMaker Developer Conference 2014 explores “Business without Boundaries” using the FileMaker 13 Platform
More than 70 expert-led sessions about building custom solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web – plus a hackathon
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – March 25, 2014 – FileMaker, Inc. today announced schedule highlights of the FileMaker Developer Conference 2014, the largest annual gathering of worldwide FileMaker independent and corporate custom business solution developers, trainers and users.
“Business without Boundaries” is the theme of this 19th annual conference, which features three new tracks, several interactive panels, and a hackathon with FileMaker challenges. DevCon 2014 will be held July 28-31, 2014 at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa in San Antonio, Texas, with a projected 1,200 FileMaker enthusiasts and 45 speakers from 27 countries participating.
Attendees will hear about FileMaker Platform futures; exchange tips on developing solutions; learn new skills; network with developers from around the world; and see new products and services. Seven conference tracks will help attendees learn how to remove the boundaries to running their business and create custom solutions with the FileMaker 13 Platform that meet their unique needs.
- Pre-Con Track: Brush up on fundamentals before the conference in six two-hour sessions.
- New Mobility Track: See firsthand how to architect solutions for FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone, including topics like synchronization, location services and new FileMaker Go 13 features such as bar code scanning and iOS keyboard types.
- New Innovation Track: Get ideas from truly innovative development work in integration, business intelligence and high-volume systems.
- Core Track: Learn core skills in data modeling, scripting, best practices and other areas.
- Design Track: Discover the benefits of using user-centered design to create the best solutions possible and learn how to use the new theme and styling tools in FileMaker 13 to create visually stunning solutions.
- Business Track: See how the leaders run successful businesses, hire new developers and take advantage of resources at FileMaker.
New topical sessions include “Building a Very Successful FileMaker Go Business,” “Under the Hood with Database Encryption and FileMaker Server 13,” and “Five Lessons for FileMaker WebDirect.” Panels include “Design,” for which attendees can pose questions in advance; and “Performance,” a panel of FileMaker engineers.
During an evening hackathon, an attendee can develop solutions to challenges. Other special events include a “Visionary Bar,” where FileMaker users and developers can get help on the spot; and a “Tech Support Central” tech support area.
View the complete conference schedule to plan your personalized DevCon 2014 agenda.
Attendees will save up to US$300 off the full registration price, paying only US$1,295, by taking advantage of the “early bird” discount, available now through June 3, 2014. Also available is the Gold Registration Package for US$1,895 (regularly priced at US$2,195), which includes the standard conference sessions plus all pre-conference sessions. Register now.
All paid attendees will receive a free Not-for-Resale copy of FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced, a $549 value.
Group Discounts are available. Attendees can pay for three conference registrations and get the fourth registration free. Call FileMaker Customer Support at 1-800-325-2747 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Attendees are strongly urged to make hotel reservations before discounted rooms sell out. Call the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country & Spa Resort today at +1-210-276-2500 or toll-free at 1-866-882-4420, or reserve online.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers innovative software to easily create custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world’s largest organizations, use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their business processes, manage information, and boost overall productivity.