Why convert your spreadsheet?
- Spreadsheets primarily manage data as cells in a grid, while FileMaker Pro makes it easy to create a range of data-entry interfaces.
- Spreadsheets don't lend themselves well to sharing, while the FileMaker Platform manages multiple users seamlessly. Although spreadsheets can be shared in the cloud, you're likely to encounter conflicts when multiple people work on them at once.
- Spreadsheets are limited in how they can join different kinds of data together, while FileMaker Pro allows you to connect and present related information (such as people and tasks) in powerful ways.
- Spreadsheets can be challenging to use on mobile devices, while FileMaker Go allows you to create custom mobile interfaces tailored to your users' needs.
- Spreadsheets provide extremely limited security, while FileMaker Pro offers a robust security model for protecting your sensitive data.
Let’s start by converting your spreadsheet into a FileMaker Pro database file.
As you'll see, this process is almost instantaneous. Afterwards you can compare the results with your original spreadsheet and see how FileMaker Pro does things differently. It doesn’t just convert your spreadsheet, it transforms it, giving you powerful features that spreadsheets don’t offer.
This is what you’ll do:
- Bring your customer information into FileMaker Pro
- Explore the results (5 min)
- Find and change customer information (5 min)
- Try out your new file on iPad (10 min)