Layouts can be styled in many different ways using the built-in themes provided by FileMaker Pro.
At present there are 50 different themes to choose among, including Touch themes made specifically for iPad and iPhone layouts.
Themes allow you to change the look and feel of your layout instantly. Let’s see what they look like.
Apply several different themes to see what they look like, then return to the original theme.
- Make sure you are viewing your Customer List layout.
- Choose the View menu > Layout Mode ⌘L or Ctrl-L
- Choose the Layouts menu > Change Theme
A Change Theme dialog box appears, listing the available Layout Themes on the left and giving preview of the theme’s appearance on the right.
- Select “Luminous Touch” from the list of Layout Themes.
- Click OK.
- Choose the View menu > Browse Mode ⌘B or Ctrl-B
- Evaluate how the theme looks.
This theme is very dramatic, but probably too dark for the sales team’s field work. Let’s try something else.
- Return to Layout mode and bring up the Change Theme dialog box again.
- Try applying at least one more theme to your layout and evaluate the results.
- Finally, change the layout back to the original theme of “Enlightened Touch” for now.