At this point, your solution contains a list of customers, just as your spreadsheet did.
But the power of a relational database system is the ability to track different kinds of data and connect them together — so let’s bring work orders into your solution and connect them to your customers.
In terms of the scenario, when your sales rep visits a customer, it would be helpful for them to have access to the customer’s entire work order history. This would allow them to answer questions and recommend other services.
Here’s what you’re about to do:
- Add work orders to your solution (5 min)
- Look behind the scenes (5 min)
- Learn about relationships (10 min)
- Connect customers and work orders (10 min)
- Display work orders for each customer (15 min)
As before, please consider sending us an email to let us know how the training is going. We're very interested in your feedback!