Imagine that you are a field rep and that your coworker is the customer. Use the same customer record as in exercise 6, “Magnolia Springs Center”.
First, you show the customer the contract on your iPad and they approve it.
Why not capture their signature electronically right there in their customer record? It’s easy on iPad.
Capture an electronic signature in the Signature field using FileMaker Go on iPad.
- Ask your coworker to tap on the contract displayed in the Contract tab.
An Actions popup menu appears giving you various options for interacting with the contract PDF.
- Ask your coworker to tap on the View option.
The contract PDF is displayed.
- Ask your coworker to scroll through the contract to review the terms.
- When they are done, ask your coworker to tap on the screen once.
A button labeled Done appears in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Ask your coworker to tap on the Done button.
They are returned to their customer record in the FileMaker Pro solution.
Now let’s say that they agree with the terms of the contract and want to sign.
- Ask your coworker to tap on the Signature field.
- An Import popup menu appears giving options for things you could store in the “Signature” field.
- Ask your coworker to tap on the Signature option.
The signature capture screen is displayed with the text you entered as part of Goal 3.
- Ask your coworker to use their finger to sign their name on the line labeled Sign Here.
- If they are unhappy with their signature, ask them to tap Clear and try again.
- If they are happy with their signature, ask them to tap Accept.
Their signature appears in the Signature field. It’s that easy!