FileMaker, Inc is happy to announce that the FileMaker 13 and 14 certification exams are now live with our new vendor, Pearson Vue.
The exam is available in English. A Japanese version is expected to be available later this Fall.
Here is some information about scheduling and taking the exam. Wishing you all the best with your test preparations!
Creating an account
- Go to the FileMaker page on the Pearson Vue website.
- Click the Create account button on the right and follow the steps for creating an account.
- When asked "Do you know your Candidate ID?", answer "No, I do not know my Candidate ID"
The final step of the process involves receiving a confirmation email.
Scheduling the exam
- Return to the FileMaker page on the Pearson Vue website and sign in with your new credentials.
Your Home page is displayed. It should include two exams from FileMaker, Inc.:
- Choose the exam you wish to take.
- Follow the rest of the process to schedule your exam.
This includes a Test Center Search screen based on the address information you provided for your account. If you have any trouble finding a test center near you, please contact Pearson's customer service department.
- If you are taking the test in a country where neither English nor Japanese is the official language, you may request an additional 30 minutes to take the exam. You must do this as part of the scheduling process, not on the day of the exam. Please follow these instructions on how to request test accommodations prior to your exam date.
Taking the exam
Once you have scheduled and paid for your exam, remember the following:
- Be sure to arrive at the test center 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Be prepared to show 2 forms of identification.Note that the exam is presently available only in English.
Viewing your score report
When you have completed the exam, you will receive a receipt from the testing center documenting that you completed it. Within 24 hours, your score report will become available on the Pearson Vue website.
- Choose the View Score Reports option from the My Account menu on the right side of the screen: