FileMaker Dropdown List does not function in FM14

Version 1

I have an employee database with zero-fill ID Number field as Dropdown List and a trigger Script attached to the ID Number field to find an employee just by selecting the ID Number.

All ID Numbers have 4 digits between 1 and 100. Such that ID Number 1 will be displayed as 0001, 10 as 0010, 11 as 0011 and 100 as 0100.

In FM Pro 13 the user can click on the Dropdown list and type the ID number directly on the keyboard to find an employee.

This becomes very useful when the ID Number is not visible within the Dropdown list window so that the user does not need to scroll down or up to find the ID Number.

In FM Pro 13, even though ID Number 1 is displayed as 0001 and 10 as 0010, I can type just number 1 on the keyboard to find the employee with ID number 0001. I can likewise type 10 on the keyboard to find 0010.

I can also type just the double digit same-number IDs (11, 22, 33, 44, etc.) on the keyboard to find 0011, 0022, 0033, 0044, respectively.

However when we upgraded to FM Pro 14, everything changed.

User can no longer perform these processes as explained above. Keyboard entry does not function any longer. User has to take the longer route of using the mouse to scroll down or up to find ID Numbers.

Does anyone have any idea what fell short in FM Pro 14.

Is this an oversight in FM Pro 14 design or a bug?

FileMaker Support solution when I contacted them was to use the mouse to find the ID numbers

That is hardly a solution. Wouldn’t you agree?

Please open the attached file in FM Pro 13 and select various ID Numbers using the keyboard to find the associated employees.

Then open it in FM Pro 14 and perform the same process.