Clay Maeckel (FileMaker, Inc.)
In this session, FileMaker senior architects Clay Maeckel and Jon Thatcher will tell you all about the engine that powers the FileMaker Platform. You’ll learn how data is stored in a FileMaker file, what data is downloaded to the client and when, what happens when you open a hosted database, and much more. By learning how and when Draco moves data, you can learn ways to make your custom apps perform faster over the LAN and WAN.
What you should know
The basics of FileMaker custom app development
Products & Technologies
- Please see the attachment below (updated to final slides on July 22).
What You Will Learn
- How data is stored in a FileMaker file
- What data is cached in FileMaker clients, and when
- What happens when you open a hosted custom app
- How to improve performance of custom apps hosted on FileMaker Server