Cristoffer Ippolite (iSolutions, Inc)
URL schemes allow you to communicate with many apps simply using URLs. For example, FileMaker’s “fmp:” scheme lets you run scripts in a hosted FileMaker file.
Using just the “Open URL” script step, we can use URL schemes to open iOS apps from within FileMaker Go — and even pass data! This session explores how URL schemes can extend the functionality of your FileMaker Go apps, achieving exciting interactions on iOS 9.
- Scanning a document using OCR and embedding the text in your custom app
- Editing an image before storing it in a container
- Send Driving directions to Maps
- Add a call reminder to the notification center from your CRM
- Translate text and store translation in your app
- Assign a task, notify assignee via SMS and allow them to accept
- Initiate a call, then log the call in your custom app
What you should know
How to load a FileMaker custom app onto a device and how to use the “Open URL” script step.
Products & Technologies
- See: www.MyDEVCONSession.com for all session materials and bonus giveaways
What You Will Learn
- The FileMaker URL scheme and its uses
- URL schemes for other iOS apps
- Passing data from FileMaker clients to other apps
- Integrating other iOS apps into your FileMaker Go workflows