Last year, we heard from many DevCon attendees that they wanted a way to make a difference in the local community where DevCon was taking place. So this year we're announcing the FileMaker Developer Challenge: Custom Apps for Community.
Throughout DevCon, small teams will compete to develop custom apps for three Las Vegas nonprofits:
- The Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth
- Foster Kinship (supporting kinship caregivers)
- The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada
If you're coming to DevCon this year, please consider participating!
IMPORTANT — for those who have been on the fence about this, we'd like to share three important changes:
- The specs for the apps will be provided one week before DevCon starts to provide more development time.
- You can rank the three nonprofits in your order of preference, so that we can match you up with a nonprofit you support.
- You can ask to work with someone specific, and we'll attempt to pair you up on a team.
We figure that each prototype needs at least 10 hours of development time, so a team of 3 people will need to put in around 3-4 hours each. The working prototypes are due at 9am on Thursday July 21. All that day, a team of judges will evaluate the apps, and finally the winning teams will be honored at the Closing Session on Thursday afternoon.