Todd Geist (geist interactive)
In this session, we will use Node.js to build custom servers connected to the FileMaker Platform. Then we will use React.js to quickly build the front end. Learn how to connect your FileMaker Server to everything that the modern internet has to offer!
What you should know
Some experience building custom websites and/or connecting to public web APIs could be helpful but is not required.
Products & Technologies
- Materials are AVAILABLE for this sessions. See attached files below. PLEASE stay tuned to this page however as I will be posting more content, about this topic. Step by step tutorials, videos etc.
Links to the Open Source Projects I used in the Sessions
- GitHub - geistinteractive/feathers-filemaker: a FileMaker Server adapter for feathers.js
- GitHub - insin/nwb: CLI tool for React apps/components and npm modules
What You Will Learn
- How to get started with node.js and the FileMaker Platform
- How to build secure custom web services that interact with the FileMaker Platform
- How to build custom websites with the FileMaker Platform and React.js
- How to connect third party services like Slack, Twilio, and Mandrill to the FileMaker Platform