Mark Richman (Skeleton Key)
As the number of FileMaker apps served from the cloud continues to grow, developers absolutely must learn to design for WAN performance. What appears to work well during development may not perform well at scale, or when deployed into the blustery troposphere.
Join us as we review WAN performance basics and survey the landscape for techniques and tools that can give your WAN-based custom apps a performance boost!
What you should know
Attendees should be familiar with most aspects of the FileMaker Platform (i.e. schema, security, structure, and business logic) and should have some experience deploying and administrating FileMaker Server.
Products & Technologies
- Please see attachment(s) below.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the core principles that govern how the FileMaker Platform moves data and allocates resources
- Understand why hardware resources (physical or virtual) matter, and learn some best practices for provisioning them appropriately
- Survey various development techniques that can impact how you build custom apps that perform well
- Discuss assorted tools that can impact how you build, deploy, test and measure your custom apps