Peter Cross (Valard Construction)
In order to deliver mobile data collection custom apps quickly, I set up a data-driven schema that defines field names, value lists, and rules separately from the underlying table structure. This allows us to build a custom app in days instead of weeks or months, get it into the field quickly, and even redefine parts of the schema without having to send new files to remote users. Come see whether my approach could work for you!
What you should know
Attendees should have designed a FileMaker custom app that collects form data. They may also benefit from a familiarity with the concepts behind the separation model and data syncing.
Products & Technologies
- Please see attachment below.
What You Will Learn
- Designing flexible and customizable structures for data collection
- Using the hide feature to expose custom functionality from a configuration file
- Using irregular data structures to create flexible applications very quickly
- Streamlining the development of sync process by using a generic sync conduit