Ken d'Oronzio (Paradise Partners, Inc.)
Plug your custom app into the power of the Internet!
It’s easier than you might think to connect your custom app to the ever-growing network of connected devices and services in the Internet of Things.
By engaging automation tools such as Zapier.com and IFTTT.com, we will set up a gateway app on the FileMaker Platform, implementing automation routines that trigger events in other web software and web-connected devices.
What you should know
An intermediate understanding of FileMaker scripting is recommended. Some understanding of IFTTT or Zapier is useful, but not required.
Products & Technologies
- Please see attachment(s) below.
What You Will Learn
- What is the Internet of Things, and why should we care?
- How to run a script in a FileMaker client using just a URL in your browser
- How to write a trigger in IFTTT.com and Zapier.com to initiate and respond to actions taking place on the FileMaker Platform.
- How to use a gateway to control automation between the FileMaker Platform and the cloud