Nick Lightbody (Deskspace Systems Limited)
To succeed on mobile, custom apps must perform well. In this session, we will examine how to optimise a FileMaker Custom App for speed.
The top priority is to design for simplicity, minimizing both CPU activity and traffic across the WAN. Accordingly, we will examine topics such as the schema, server-side scripting, single-core services, themes, and a flexible menu framework. The final goal is to create a single custom app that performs brilliantly across all clients and devices.
This presentation builds on the FileMaker "Design: Performance" Guide.
What you should know
Sufficient development skills to have at least attempted FileMaker Certification
Products & Technologies
- Please see attachments below:
- Presentation keynote as delivered
- Bruce Robertson Tool
- dsBenchmark as used in the presentation (but excluding the 574,000 records)
What You Will Learn
- Key performance considerations
- Why and how to plan, design, and build custom apps for mobile-first simplicity and speed.
- Key advice on how to plan and build a high performance data architecture giving great response on mobile devices.
- How to create a mobile-first flexible menu framework.
- How to create an efficient full-language localization system for your app.