Jesse Barnum (360Works)
Learn why and how to host FileMaker Server in the cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS). In many cases, AWS hosting can be more reliable, powerful, flexible, and secure than on-premises hardware. You may also be surprised to see how cost-effective it is!
With the information and notes you receive in this session, you'll have everything you need to run your own FileMaker Server the day you return home from DevCon. In addition, 360Works will provide free utility software that they have written to help you easily utilize Amazon's Snapshot feature for iron-clad nightly backups.
What you should know
How to install FileMaker Server and how to use Remote Desktop. Basic knowledge of the Windows OS helpful but not required.
Products & Technologies
- Please see the attachment(s) below.
What You Will Learn
- Advantages of Amazon Web Services compared to on-premises servers
- Basic setup process for running your own FileMaker Server using AWS
- Recommended hardware configurations for hosting FileMaker Server
- How to use free utilities provided by 360Works to automate daily backups
YouTube video recording: