James Medema (Surefoot Consulting, Inc)
This training session provides an introduction to the broad range of skills needed for effective development. Work with an example custom app to create, import, find, and sort records — then build a new one from start to finish. We’ll cover desktop and iOS layouts, multiple tables, primary and foreign key fields, one-to-many relationships, calculations, and scripts, and options for deployment.
What you should know
This session is ideally suited for the FileMaker beginner. No prior FileMaker or database experience is necessary.
Products & Technologies
- FileMaker Pro
- FileMaker Pro Advanced
- Please download the FileMaker Training Series before Monday July 18th.
- Below find a PDF of the slides used in the Training Session. It is titled "TRA001.pdf"
What You Will Learn
- Navigating in and around the FileMaker user and developer environments
- Building new files, tables, fields and properly structured relationships
- Designing layouts that include special features like portals, tab controls, buttons and popovers, Web Viewers, formatted data fields and value lists
- Writing simple calculations and scripts to automate processes, and deploying the database for multi-platform access