Syncing favorites in DevCon2Go

Version 1

Here are the steps involved in syncing favorites from your iOS device to your laptop using DevCon2Go. Note that you should be able to sync in the other direction as well -- I'll update this document when I've re-tested that.

On your iOS device:

1) Tap the Sessions icon at the bottom of the screen to view the Sessions list.

2) If you see a session you wish to mark as a favorite, tap the star to the left of the session listing.

3) When you're done marking favorites, tap the Schedule icon at the bottom of the screen to view the Schedule list.

Your favorite sessions are displayed.

4) In the upper right of the Schedule list, tap the sync icon (two circling arrows).

A popover appears giving three options: Instructions, Export a sync file with your schedule, and Import a sync file with your schedule.

5) Select Export a sync file with your schedule.

An Export window appears. This allows you to rename your sync file if you wish.

6) If you wish to rename your file, tap the name "MySchedule" and enter the preferred filename.

7) Tap the Continue button.

The iOS Share Sheet appears.

8) Select the sharing method you prefer. I recommend AirDrop, Message, or Mail. Here we will use AirDrop.

9) Tap the AirDrop icon that represents your laptop.

The file is transferred to the Downloads folder of your laptop.

10) Tap the Done button to complete the iOS portion of this process,

On your laptop:

1) Find your export file in the Downloads folder on your laptop and move it to your Documents folder. This is important!

2) Open DevCon2Go using FileMaker Pro.

3) Click the Schedule icon at the bottom of the screen to view the Schedule list.

4) Click the sync button in the upper right of the screen (two circling arrows).

5) Select the Import a sync file with your schedule option.

An Import sync file dialog appears.

6) Make sure the filename in the dialog exactly matches the export file you created, then click the OK button.

Your favorite list on your laptop now matches your list on your iOS device.