DevCon2Go 2016 includes a new feature that allows you to share your contact information using QR codes.
This document describes how to use this functionality. It has three sections:
- Getting started
- Generating your QR code
- Scanning someone else's QR code
- Customizing contact value lists
Hope you find this useful!
Make sure that you are using FileMaker Go 15.
Check the FileMaker Go 15 settings to ensure that the Camera is enabled.
While you're at it, you may want to enable Location for the iBeacon features as well.
GENERATING YOUR QR CODE
When the app first opens, the Contact Detail screen is displayed. (This is the iPad version)
1) Enter the information you choose to share, such as First Name, Last Name, Company Name, etc.
2) Tap the Create QR Code button.
A QR Code is generated containing the data you entered. The display switches to the QR Code tab and the new QR code is displayed.
3) If you choose, select the Don't show this screen on startup anymore.
To get back to this interface if you do select this checkbox, tap the person icon in the upper right of every screen:
SCANNING SOMEONE ELSE'S QR CODE
1) Tap the Contacts button at the bottom of the screen.
The contacts screen is displayed. (This is the iPad version).
2) Ask you new contact to display their QR code on their device.
3) Tap the Add by QR code button in the upper left.
The Camera app activates in order to scan the QR code.
4) Focus the camera on the device of the person who wants to share their QR code.
The QR code is scanned and the contact information is populated into a new contact record. On iPhone, this information is displayed on a separate Contact Detail screen.
5) If you wish to enter more details about this person, tap the More details > button. This is located in the lower right of the screen on iPad/laptop, and in the upper right of the screen on iPhone.
Additional contact fields are displayed. Fill them out as you choose. (See below for how to customize them).
6) Tap the Back > button to return to the Contact Detail layout -- or navigate away using the buttons at the bottom of the screen.
CUSTOMIZING CONTACT VALUE LISTS
1) Tap the More button at the bottom of the screen.
A popover list appears.
2) Choose the Developer Tools option.
A screen is displayed with various options.
3) Choose the Edit value lists for Contact interface option.
A screen is displayed with three value lists.
4) Change the value lists to include any options you desire.