SANTA CLARA, Calif. ‐ Jan. 23, 2017 ‐ The 2017 FileMaker State of the Custom App Report examines how citizen developers are creating custom apps to solve real business challenges and increase job satisfaction. The global report, released today, is based on surveys of hundreds of citizen developers across North America, Japan and Europe.
The report provides insight into how these individuals are using custom apps to drive better end results. Those surveyed said they didn’t consider themselves to be IT professionals and developing custom apps wasn’t their full-time job.
Key findings of the report include:
Citizen developers are proactive problem solvers
- 83 percent wanted to create a better way to work
- 48 percent saw an increase in satisfaction at work
Custom apps can be developed quickly and solve diverse business challenges
- 82 percent of users saw a reduction in inefficient tasks
- 46 percent of apps were up and running in less than four weeks
Businesses of all sizes are creating and using custom apps
- 25 percent are large businesses (1000+ employees)
- 23 percent are medium-sized businesses (100-999 employees)
- 52 percent are small businesses (5-99 employees)
AnnMonroe, vice president, worldwide marketing, FileMaker, Inc., said: “Citizen developers are using custom apps to solve everyday business problems to change the way they work. At FileMaker, we’re proud to be part of this journey.”