Total Time Calculator

Version 2
    Click to view larger image

Hi...I'm a filemaker novice and am trying to solve this problem. I need to be able to track time spent on a specific job and keep a running total which would be displayed as a number/decimal (an hour and 45 minutes would be displayed as 1.75 Hrs, for example) If you look at the attached screenshot, you will see how far I've gotten thus far but It doesn't quite work the way I need it to, nor have I been able to get the result to display as the decimal as I'd like. What I need is for "Total time" to be a running total so every time someone begins working on a particular job, they would press the begin button, then the end button when they were finished and it would add the time spent to the Total Time field. If they went back to that same job later in the day and worked on it for another period of time, that time would be added to the value already in the Total Time field.

Right now I have the script: Insert Current Time into Begin Time field. That runs when the Begin button is pressed.

For the Stop button the script: Insert Current Time into End Time field.

The Total Time Field I have set as a calculation:  End Time - Begin Time

Am I going about this all wrong? I feel like I almost have the answer but I'm missing something...

This might be very simple to do but after a few hours of trying different things, I've still come up empty handed. Any pros out there that can help me out? Thanks in advance!