Mislav Kos (Soliant Consulting)
SSL is a critical part of security, but its mechanics are not well understood. We all use SSL on a daily basis as web users, but many of us couldn’t say what is in an SSL certificate, what role certificate authorities play, or why it’s important to use a custom certificate with FileMaker Server.
This session will demystify SSL, explain its constituent parts and the steps in the process, and walk through the steps of getting and installing a custom certificate.
What you should know
Products & Technologies
- Please see the attachment(s) below.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the mechanics of SSL, how digital signatures work, and what the role of certificate authorities is
- Understand why the FileMaker Server standard certification should never be used in production
- See how to get and install a custom certificate
- Hear about some of the possible pitfalls you may encounter when setting up and using SSL with FileMaker