Jeremy Brown (Soliant Consulting)
FileMaker offers developers many ways to solve the same problem. As solutions get more complex it's often the case that various techniques that work in one situation may not be the best in others.
In this session, we’ll explore techniques we already know and see if there are better ones available to solve the same use case. This may include using calculated fields or standard text fields and how to get data from a found set of records. We will refactor our thinking and skill-set to include techniques advanced developers use.
What you should know
Familiarity with the basics of FileMaker scripting, data modeling, and layout design.
Products & Technologies
- Materials are not yet available for this session.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the reasons for continually refactoring our skill-set
- Review users' known techniques and see if a better technique could be used
- How to identify areas in their custom apps that could use a refresh
- How to understand the pros and cons of any technique