Doug Gardner (Exoteric Inc.)
Over a quarter of the script steps in FileMaker take advantage of calculations. So do field validation, auto-entry of data, controlling record-level access in Privilege Sets, as well as some menu commands like Replace Field Contents and Send Mail.
This session tours FileMaker Pro via the calculation engine. We will look at most of the places calculations can be used and along the way discover types of functions and their appropriate uses with real-world solutions that can be put to use immediately.
What you should know
A basic familiarity with setting up tables, fields and layouts in FileMaker.
Products & Technologies
- Please see the attachment(s) below.
What You Will Learn
- How calculations rely on context
- How to use operators and functions
- Using calculations in a variety of scripts
- Using related data in calculations and calculating the costs