Stuart Gripman (DriveSavers Data Recovery)
Development projects are about people, regardless of the industry, technology, scope, or goal. As the developer, you’re the hub of interaction, and your ability to read and manage personalities has a major influence on the success of the project.
This session will give you tools to identify allies who will work toward the success of a project and how to foster positive collaboration. You’ll also learn ways to cope with those who threaten to derail a project with toxins like ignorance, apathy, and ill will.
What you should know
Products & Technologies
- Materials are not yet available for this session.
What You Will Learn
- Use meetings to understand stakeholders’ temperaments and motivations
- Identify those who will champion a project within the organization
- Detect and counteract those seeking to undermine a successful outcome
- Effectively navigate organizational politics with diplomacy