FIL010 - Going Viral with FileMaker? Not without IT - Peter Cross

Document created by communitymanager on Jun 2, 2017Last modified by PeterCross on Jul 23, 2017
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Peter Cross (Valard Construction)

Session Description

Every wish you could have FileMaker go viral, but are facing hesitation about FileMaker and or your solution with the IT department?  The answer might be your process.  In this presentation I will share the experiences I have had working with IT departments, both as an FBA consultant and as an in-house developer for a large organization.

We will discuss how tailoring your development practice can enhance your credibility in medium or large sized organization.   Additionally, how sharing this functionality with existing systems can help with mass adoption of FileMaker.  Initially, our IT department ordered FileMaker, one seat at a time.  Several key FileMaker technologies helped FileMaker go viral within my organization and justified purchasing a site license. We will discuss a few of these technologies and how we applied them.

Finally, we will discuss strategic partnerships inside and outside organizations can help you deliver complex solutions to deepen your clients commitment to FileMaker.

What you should know

No prerequisites.

Products & Technologies

• FileMaker
  • iOS SDK
  • Go

Session Materials

• FIL010.pdf . Please see attached.

What You Will Learn

• Methodologies you can adopt to improve your credibility with IT
  • How to identify and address IT’s main concerns with a FileMaker solution
  • Vital Technologies that made the case for using FileMaker at my organization
  • Designing for fit into larger systems

Attachments

Outcomes