John Sindelar (SeedCode)
FileMaker lets you build new apps quickly and modify existing solutions just as fast. But if you’re occasionally missing deadlines, accumulating unbillable work or shipping bugs, you’ll learn four techniques to dramatically increase quality while working quickly.
In this session, learn what’s proven to work for SeedCode when delivering both large custom projects, as well as quick little mods. These are techniques you can implement without hiring new staff and without slowing down.
What you should know
This is a not a technical session, and the techniques here apply to in-house developers, solo developers, and folks running larger firms. In fact the smaller you are, the more impact these kinds of efficiencies can make.
Products & Technologies
- Materials are not now available for this session.
What You Will Learn
- Break deliveries into smaller pieces to reduce the cognitive load (and risk) for developers AND customers
- How recording short (< 3 minute) videos makes the mental shift necessary for QA while reducing turnaround time for customers validating your work
- Simple strategies for recording “technical debt” as you go, so you can jump into cold projects much more quickly.
- Why documenting your dev decisions creates a path from the customer’s use cases to the code that addresses them