Dawn Heady (Soliant Consulting)
This session utilizes real-world security requirements to take a thorough tour of the FileMaker Security features.
Scenarios include: a field services app deployed locally to an iOS device, a WebDirect interface for parents to view their child’s grades, an app preventing modification of submitted time slips, and an app hosted on a remote server with medical records.
All the demonstration apps were developed from real world requirements and will be provided with [Full Access] credentials for your own study.
What you should know
Basic familiarity with FileMaker security features is helpful but not required.
Products & Technologies
- Please see the attachment(s) below.
What You Will Learn
- Security risks to consider when implementing security
- Applications of the FileMaker security model to address specific business needs
- Implementations of more granular security features like record and field level access
- Techniques for securing files distributed for off-line use