Triggered by this thread Week (not weekly) Schedule I built a sample with a web viewer based calendar. My initial implementation of drag and drop with native html5 events worked fine on mac, but on windows there was always a additional click or leaving the web viewer with the mouse needed to have the callback script running, so I built the functionality myself with mousedown/touchstart, mousemove/touchmove and mouseup/touchend events. It's working fine so far, so I share it here.
All the web-element generation is put in custom functions, the actual webpage is generated in the auto-enter-calc of the global field HTMLCalendar. Customization is done in setting params in the let-part of this calculation, the recalculation is triggered by toggling a global "_refresh", some more info under "HowTo".
Just discovered a bug in the CF jsDragAndDrop: in "function roundToGridY(y)" is a hard coded value for hour height in pixel, line
return (Math.floor(offset / " & _dragstep & ") * " & _dragstep & ") / 60 * 76;¶
needs to be replaced by:
return (Math.floor(offset / " & _dragstep & ") * " & _dragstep & ") / 60 * " & _hheight & ";¶
New Version with tooltips and additional horizontal timeline version.
and Resource Calendar, showing horizontal timeline for n days and n resources.
• new version of the Resource Calendar: mark weekends and double-click into grid for new events
new improved Resource-Calendar version here: https://community.filemaker.com/docs/DOC-8518#comment-27269
• new version WeekCalendarPlus: optional set a date for a one-time event.
2017-11-15 - updated version of WeekCalendarPlus
• double-click into grid to add a event, if calendar icon is highlighted, a one-time-event is created
• second view "Resource" (Rooms) to the event-data
• handle overlapping, display in half-columns/rows (max 2 simultaneous events)
• cleaned up, some documentation of the custom functions
• new switch _subgrid to show 1 or hide 0 quarter-grid-lines
170224 - added FullCalendar-implementation to WeekCalendarPlus, layouts "Teacher FullCalendar" and "Resource FullCalendar", this handles multiple overlapping events nicely.
170304 - minor css-tweaks to WeekCalendarPlus
get ResourceCalendar here: Resource-Calendar