Setting up your profile is the first step to participating in the community.
Your user profile provides community members with an easy way to learn about your skills and interests. Your profile shows up in search results when other FileMaker Community members search for keywords contained in your profile. You can update your information at any time.
To set up your profile
- Click your avatar in the upper right corner and then click Edit profile.
- Click the Avatar or Photos tab to change your avatar and to manage your photos. Your avatar and other photos let people "meet" and recognize you in person. Your avatar lets community members quickly associate your comments and status updates with a simple visual cue.
- Click the Profile Details tab and fill in as much profile information as you like. Note that your profile will be found when people search, so if you have professional roles or interests that would be useful for others to know about, be sure to include them. You may not be able to edit certain fields.
- Click Privacy to edit your privacy settings. These control how different types of users see your profile.
- Click Finished.
To secure your profile
If you're concerned about privacy, you can limit who sees different parts of your profile by editing your privacy settings.
- To edit your profile, click your avatar in the upper right corner and then Edit Profile.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- For each profile field, select the type of user who can view it. If you select everyone, then all users can see the contents of that field. Make sure you don't hide too much about yourself because that's how others will connect with you.
Note: You can take a look at how others will see your profile by using the Preview your profile tool to the right. Just select the person whose view of your profile you want to see.
- Click Finished.