Clay Maeckel (FileMaker, Inc.)
The recently released FileMaker data migration tool is designed to migrate all record data and user accounts from a source FileMaker Pro Advanced file to a target file. One use for this command line tool is the copying of test or live data into a custom app between the different stages of the DTAP pattern (Development, Testing, Acceptance, and Production). This session will go into the details of the tool's usage, tasks that it can be used for, describe some of the internal implementations, and demonstrate sample upgrade scenarios.
What you should know
Basics of a FileMaker solution like tables, fields, script, layouts, value lists, and the scripting of imports.
Products & Technologies
- Please see the updated attachment below.
What You Will Learn
- Why customers migrate data, issues customers run into, and how the FileMaker Data Migration Tool can help
- What the migration tool is NOT designed for and possible future directions of DDR/XML content descriptions
- How to use the command line tools, the options you have, and how the tool works internally
- Walk through a few simple solution upgrade scenarios