Martha Zink (Soliant Consulting, Inc.)
If you’re ready to take your reporting to the next level, you’ll want to explore the virtual list technique. From complex reports to pivot tables, a virtual list gives you the flexibility to make your own rules on what the report can do. While you can use a List Of summary field or a looping script to gather your data for a report, you also have the power of the ExecuteSQL function to gather, and even summarize, your data. Combining these two techniques provides you with a way of creating unique and flexible reports.
What you should know
Some knowledge of scripting and calculations required.
Products & Technologies
- Materials are not yet available for this session.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the fundamentals of the virtual list technique
- Learn how to use the ExecuteSQL function to gather data
- Explore examples of advanced and flexible reports
- Discuss best practices for using virtual lists and ExecuteSQL