Dawn Heady (Soliant Consulting)
With the increasing use of iPad in the service industry there’s often a need to pull data into a local FileMaker Go app for off-line use and later post the resulting work back to the FileMaker Server. In this session we will first discuss the fundamentals of sync and factors to consider as you plan your data processing strategy. Then we will explore a variety of synchronization methodologies and tools for data transfer and processing, while identifying the advantages and shortcomings of each. All demonstration files will be unlocked for your further study.
What you should know
Knowledge of the FileMaker Platform and experience writing scripts.
Products & Technologies
- Materials are not yet available for this session.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of data synchronization considerations
- Five strategies for simplifying your sync requirements
- Three methodologies for scripted sync
- Advantages and shortcomings of three commercial sync tools