Chih Hsiao (FileMaker, Inc.)
A design system is more than a style guide or a reusable component library. As the complexity of your application grows, a systematic approach to design not only helps you scale your apps in a more predictable way, but it also allows you to focus on hierarchical and functional consistency, rather than just the look and feel, to support a cohesive user experience that is memorable and easy to learn. In this session, we will demonstrate elements that define a design system, extract repeating workflow, visual cues, and interaction patterns into a well-documented design toolkit for your next project.
What you should know
Products & Technologies
- Materials are available for download.
What You Will Learn
- What makes a design system and how it is used in development planning
- Managing your design system with design tools
- Creating a visual component library in FileMaker Pro Advanced
- Using layout themes and styles to manage your design system in FileMaker Pro Advanced