Have you ever heard a developer talking to themselves, saying “Ok, so if I am an Invoice record, and I want to see all of my related line items...” and thought they were crazy? Over several years of teaching data modeling to bright, new developers in Africa, together we discovered some techniques like “speaking your context aloud” that can help you gain mastery over context. In another technique, we’ll step into a room (primary key) on the first floor (table) of a house (file), and build a staircase (relationship) to see related data. With a firm understanding of context, you'll find managing the relationships graph, setting up portals and building calculations even easier than ever!
What you should know
Products & Technologies
- Please see the attachment below.
What You Will Learn
- How to speak your context aloud
- How to apply context in managing relationships graph, portals and calculations
- How to reinforce your model with naming convensions
- How to troubleshoot issues that arise with context
Please remember to leave an evaluation.