Clay Maeckel (FileMaker, Inc.)
An update to the 2006 Under the Hood presentations on the low level internal operations of the Draco engine. Performance tips will be mentioned throughout this discussion along with pointers to available online sessions and content from previous DevCons. Topics will include operations that modify the entire file format, query processing, and a general overview of the division of labor between clients and hosts.
What you should know
An interest in what FileMaker is doing down deep in its code.
Products & Technologies
- Please see the updated attachment below.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how data is stored in files including the effects of saving a compressed copy, cloning, encryption, and recovery
- What the divisions of labor are between the client and all the different processes that are running on a FileMaker server
- The operation of finds, relationships, SQL, and indexes both locally and over the network
- Where to find previous developer sessions that go into more detail about some of these topics