Henry Wang (FileMaker, Inc.)
Anyone can develop the skills necessary to do good design. Design is not a mysterious craft practiced by a select few. And it’s not about learning a piece of software, or blindly following a set of guidelines, or trying to implement the design process that's in vogue. Design is a learned skill, and like any other, can be developed through focused observation, analysis, and deliberate practice. This session outlines a method for developing the skills that will put you on the path toward good design.
What you should know
- Materials are not yet available for this session.
What You Will Learn
- Develop the critical observational skills necessary to focus on the right things
- Think analytically about what makes a design good or bad
- Improve through deliberate practice
- Overcome the misperceptions and teach yourself the skills of a designer