David Jondreau (Wing Forward Solutions)
Scripting is one of FileMaker’s greatest tools, but until I upped my error capture game, my clients were missing out. In this session, you will learn techniques for preserving data integrity and preventing user frustration by writing scripts that handle scripting errors gracefully. After this session, you will be able include foundational error trapping and handling in your scripts.
What you should know
This session delves into specific scripting techniques on both FileMaker Pro Advanced and FileMaker Server. Attendees should have experience writing scripts in multi-user environments.
Products & Technologies
- Materials are not yet available for this session.
What You Will Learn
- What vocabulary to use when thinking about scripting errors
- How the development environment determines which errors to trap
- Which script steps need careful handling
- A basic model of scripting the improves error handling