Paul Mitchell (Harmonic)
The FileMaker Platform can support your users and their work processes by automating repetitive tasks. This session will help you identify those opportunities, and show you how to quickly and elegantly script the most commonly performed operations like Finds, Sorts, Exports and Imports, Reporting, Navigation, Opening and Closing files, and much more. We’ll empower ourselves to empower our users and learn how to be the heroes our companies need—and deserve. We’ll also discuss how to optimize our scripts to make them easier to work with going forward for the benefit of the next developer who will look at them—which is usually ourselves.
What you should know
No previous knowledge required.
Products & Technologies
- Please see attachments below. Last updated August 10, 2018.
What You Will Learn
- Learn common script commands, techniques, and mistakes to avoid.
- How to use script variables and script parameters to temporarily store important information
- How to use subscripts and modular scripting to handle repetitive tasks
- Design considerations on whether to combine multiple tasks in a single script or use separate scripts for each task