Kristy Lapidus (Corvo Consulting Group)
You can get all of the technical details right on a project and it can still fail. Why? The people side of change must also be addressed. Business process improvements that drive new or enhanced apps are often accompanied by changes to job roles, redistribution of resources, and employee behavior with significant impact to people’s lives. Addressing the people side is referred to as change management, which goes far beyond project management to incorporate the management of stakeholders’ personal transitions. This session will provide an overview of the change management discipline, common barriers to success, and how to overcome them.
What you should know
A desire to learn and grow and to help others do the same.
Products & Technologies
- Materials are not yet available for this session.
What You Will Learn
- The definition of change management and why we need it
- Barriers to effective change
- Change management strategies
- Case Study: Using the Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) to Rank and Prioritize FileMaker Projects at a Mid-Size Manufacturing Enterprise