Jess Lancashire (Humming Tech)
Everyone has a different and unique story to tell about their journey into FileMaker. Mine started by mistake at DevCon. Yes you heard correctly, my journey into development started sat by the pool in Arizona, whilst DevCon 2017 took place somewhere around me. A Facebook live video by a group of empowering woman showed me a glimpse into a career that sounded exciting, challenging and different to anything I had ever considered. I went to Arizona as a Social Worker and returned home an inspired developer. New to development? Mentoring a junior? Growing a team? There is plenty of material out there for a novice, but sometimes it’s hard to find the information you need. Therefore, from junior to junior, junior to mentor, here is my take on all things learning FileMaker—my struggles, solutions and hidden gems that helped me along the way.
What you should know
Products & Technologies
- Materials are not yet available for this session.
What You Will Learn
- Insight into a novice developer mindset
- Useful learning materials for the novice developer
- Learning mechanisms and how to bring the best out of your junior
- A framework and process for supporting learning and development