This session will tour the most used calculation functions and help attendees grasp how to use calculations not only as fields, but as a way to make scripts, layouts and various other aspects of your custom app more dynamic.
- Please review the content below BEFORE you attend. If the skill level does not fit or if these topics are not of interest to you, PLEASE use your training day pass to attend a session that fits you better. I took a significant amount of extra time to make sure to set these expectations before you get to the room to make sure no one ends up not getting the wrong content.
- Please make sure to fill out an evaluation form below!
- 20% off Live Training Class with Cris Ippolite in Los Angeles (OCT 23-26, 2018) Email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention "Training Day" for discount. Also visit the iSolutions booth at DEVCON for private onsite and mentoring training options.
- Lynda.com( now LinkedIn Learning) FREE 30-Day Trial for complete access to all Intermediate FileMaker Training Videos below
- Below you see this icon ()...clicking the icon (using your existing lynda.com account or your trial from above) allows you to see a video on the topic being covered.
- Clicking on a file name (##_01) will download the sample file used for this section
- All exercise files have also been distributed to attendees on USB on the day of the session. Same files you see listed here.
- Calculation vs Boolean 01_01
- Storage option
- “Evaluate when all empty"
- Data Viewer
- Specify context
- Different Places where you find the Calculation Dialog
- Round 02_01
- Extracting data from DATE fields 03_01
- Constructing Dates from other fields/values
- Auto-Enter 04_01
- Field Filtering
- Parsing data
- Calculated Replace
- Calculations in Validation
5. Container Functions
- Aggregating related values 06_01
- Sum( )
- Count( )
- IF( ) 07_01
- CASE( )
- LET ( )
8. Get Functions
- Get(RecordNumber) 08_01
9. Mobile Functions
10. Custom Functions
- PHONEFILTER 10_01
11. Other Uses of Calculation Dialog (Optional- time permitting)
- More Calculations Training Resources: