Jeremy Brown (Geist Interactive)
- The materials will be available on a USB drive given out as you join the session.
- The Slides will be posted here afterwards.
What You Will Learn
- Interact with FileMaker data and scripting
This training session will strive to answer the following questions in all the activities and discussions in which we engage.
At the training session, you’ll be given a USB drive with the following files on it:
- All About the Web Viewer - this is a FileMaker file that contains the exhaustive knowledge of the web viewer including tips, tricks, and known issues. It is a compilation of all the knowledge out there with links provided to those sources.
- JSPlayground with the Bridge - a FileMaker with Geist Interactive’s Web Viewer Bridge set up.
Topics Not Covered
We will try to stick to this timeline as best as possible.
BREAK 10:00 am - 10:15 am
FileMaker & Bridging the gap 11:15 am - 12:00 pm
Closing: Additional resources & next steps.
Our task list is:
- Setting up the FileMaker environment with the web viewer.
- Using JS to do calculation
- Using JS to do display work
- Exercises that illustrate the following
- How to write a basic JS function
- How to return a value
- How to get data from FileMaker to the function
- How to return data from the function to FileMaker
- How to work with dates
- How to work with arrays
Our task list is:
- Basic set up of a library - using it in FileMaker
- Customizing it to meet our needs
- Sending data to it
- Building a dashboard for a custom app using these two libraries.
FileMaker & Bridging the gap
Our Task list includes:
- What is the Bridge
- Setting up the Bridge
- Writing functions in the Bridge
- Accessing functions using FileMaker scripts
- Using a JS library and the bridge
Here are the materials for your review. We walked through some of this together, but you can explore it as well on your own.
I am working on more videos to supplement what we did at DevCon.
Start with the "FMforJSDevs.fmp12" file. That's a sort of dashboard for the others.