Chris Irvine (Threeprong.com)
What is cryptography and how can it help my FileMaker solution? I hear that I should buy a certificate, but what does it actually do for me? Without drowning in details, we will talk about essential crypto concepts. Practical examples will show how to utilize each concept in some area of the FileMaker platform. Expect to take away new ideas that will help you improve security, performance, or potential vulnerabilities.
What you should know
Preliminary experience with database design, writing FileMaker calculations, scripting, and hosted files.
Products & Technologies
- Please see the attachment(s) below.
What You Will Learn
- Establish differences between a checksum, hash, and a signature
- Explore meaning when we contrast a shared secret, a public key, and a certificate
- For each concept introduced, witness a practical use inside the FileMaker platform
- What potential risks might you avert with this new understanding