Sarah Stickfort (Midwest Services & Solutions, LLC)
Beginner developers may see security as a feature that they can learn or integrate later if they feel overwhelmed with other features and skills they need to learn first. Security, however, needs to be included in the planning stages of a project. Building with a complete blueprint that includes security is critical to the long-term success of a solution, as well as the developer's reputation and future. You'll learn why avoiding ersatz systems is important, what needs to be considered while planning security, and how to translate the blueprint to FileMaker's built-in security features.
What you should know
Products & Technologies
- Please see the attachment(s) below.
What You Will Learn
- Develop an understanding of what threats and vulnerabilities need to be considered in planning a solution
- Learn the foundational principles for FileMaker security
- Understand why using the built-in FileMaker security features is important
- Learn how to implement and manage functional roles as FileMaker security privilege sets